What does our No. 11 Minty Organic Tea and ice-cream have in common? They’re both sweet, cooling, and positively uplifting! We’ve sourced a simple yet lovely recipe for home-made liquorice and mint ice-cream that will refresh and satisfy your sweet tooth.
1. Add the tea and thickened cream to a saucepan and allow to steep and simmer for at least 45 minutes. Keep a constant eye on it and stir occasionally. The more time you can give it, the more flavour will be infused into the cream.
Tip: Do not let your cream overheat/boil as this may cause it to curdle.
2. Once the cream reaches a desired flavour level, remove tea bags or strain tea and refrigerate your tea-infused cream until it is completely cold.
3. Whip your tea-infused cream into stiff peaks, making sure to not over-whip.
Tip: Ensure your cream is very chilled as warm cream does not whip well
4. Place sweetened condensed milk into a mixing bowl and fold half of the tea-infused cream into it. Once fully incorporated, fold in the second half of the cream.
Tip: Fold lightly to avoid knocking the air out of your whipped cream.
5. Pour your ice-cream into a container and put it in the freezer for at least four hours before serving.
We love the refreshing edge that our Minty Organic Tea adds to this ice-cream, but this recipe is worth experimenting with any of your favourite herbal tisanes or teas.
Disclaimer: Check with your healthcare professional that consuming liquorice root is suitable for you.