Top 10 Tips For Wellness And Mindfulness In The Office17th November 2016
TOP 10 TIPS FOR WELLNESS AND MINDFULNESS IN THE OFFICE
The office is the place where we spend most of our week. Having healthy living and eating practices in the office is vital for great health. Here are my top 10 tips for wellness and mindfulness in the office:
1. Take the time to eat your lunch and chew your food. Do not stand and eat on the go. Sit down with no distractions and enjoy each bite.
2. Take pride in your workspace. Keep your desk tidy, clean, declutter, organise and make the space your own.
3. Create a to-do list and prioritise your day. This is a great way to organise your day and manage your time effectively.
4. Take regular breaks out in the fresh air and get sunlight to ensure you are getting your daily dose of vitamin D.
5. Sit with up straight with good posture, do not hunch over your desk. Oxygenation is key and good posture allows for this.
6. Move! Stretch out your arms and back, stand up and walk around if you are working at a desk. Walk around the office and take the stairs when you can.
7.Breathe well. Put plants on your desk for extra oxygenation. Great indoor plants include the peace lily, dracaena, bamboo palm and ferns.
8. Keep healthy snacks available at your office to avoid temptation and keep yourself feeling full. Snacks that I recommend are activated nuts, boiled eggs, yoghurt, piece of fruit, a thermos of broth, vegetable sticks and homemade dips and cheese.
9. Hydration: drink 2-3L of water a day. Avoid drinking too much coffee, processed fruit juices and soft drinks. Herbal teas are a fantastic way to ensure you are drinking enough fluids. My No: 32 Clarity Sage Organic Tea by Ovvio is a great tea to drink to promote mental clarity and focus.
10. Create a healthy lunch. Prepare extra food for dinner and pack the night before ready to go.
For more tips on healthy snacks to eat at the office, Click Here