Healthy Holiday Drinks TO COOL YOU DOWN!26th November 2017
This time of year usually means that there’s any and every reason to celebrate! So it’s the perfect time to become a mixologist and seriously impress your friends. Use unique ingredients to brighten your drinks and bring on the holiday cheer. As we discovered, the cocktail trend that is sweeping the globe is embracing aromatic spices and herbs that taste delicious and are so good for you.
1. ICY CHRISTMAS CIDER (alcoholic)
An icy christmas cider is a deliciously, sparkling drink that will keep you cool during a warmer festive season and is also good for your health. In this recipe an organic quality cider is blended together with christmas spices.
We have chosen to add our NO: 86 MULLED CHRISTMAS SPICE ORGANIC TEA to apple cider to turn this delicious drink into a pink hue, laced with botanicals and aromatic spices which include all organic Elderberry, Cinnamon, Juniper, Nutmeg, Hibiscus, Rosehip, Orange, Clove. The cinnamon, clove and nutmeg have traditionally been used to help encourage healthy digestion and the citrus peel, elderberry, juniper and rosehip are a great source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
To make a non alcoholic version, simply skip the cider.
1 bottle chilled apple cider
1.5-2 cups pre-made, chilled NO: 86 MULLED CHRISTMAS SPICE ORGANIC TEA
1 tray NO: 86 MULLED CHRISTMAS SPICE ORGANIC TEA frozen ice cubes
1. To make the chilled tea, steep 4 teaspoons of Christmas Tea in 450ml of boiling water. Sweeten with 1 heaped tablespoon of raw honey. Let cool and continue to steep in the fridge overnight for the best flavour.
2. Make extra tea and freeze into ice cubes.
3. Place the pre-made chilled tea, ice cubes and cider in a large jug and serve with cinnamon sticks and orange peel.
2. BLACK APPLE ORCHARD ICED TEA (non alcoholic)
Iced teas are a brilliant way to keep cool over summer! Don’t miss out on the festive cheer, this iced tea will be the envy of the party. Try and resist temptation. One sip is not enough. NO: 88 BLACK APPLE ORCHARD ICED TEA, is a new creation. It’s an organic blend of apple, black ceylon orange pekoe leaf, assam black tea, bergamot essential oil and vanilla bean powder.
4 teaspoons NO: 88 BLACK APPLE ORCHARD ICED TEA
450ml boiling water
garnish with ice cubes, fresh lemon slices, orange peel and fresh herb leaves
1. Steep 4 teaspoons of tea in 450ml of boiling water. Let cool and continue to steep in fridge overnight for best flavour.
2. For an iced tea concentrate: Steep 20 teaspoons of tea in 1L of boiling water. This concentrate can be poured over ice to create 2L of iced tea.
3. Sweeten to taste with raw honey or green leaf stevia powder (optional).
4. Iced tea can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Serve the next day with ice and garnish.
5. Add sparking mineral water or Kombucha for a bubbly, refreshing and hydrating drink.
6. To make an alcoholic bubbly, top with champagne.
3. HOT MULLED CHRISTMAS WINE (ALCOHOLIC)
The aroma of mulled wine filling the house evokes the feeling of christmas in a second. The warmth of friendship and family, coming together and sharing in celebration.
To make a non alcoholic version, simply skip the wine.
1 bottle quality organic or preservative free red wine
4 tablespoons NO: 86 MULLED CHRISTMAS SPICE ORGANIC TEA
4 tablespoons organic coconut Sugar or raw honey
1 cup dried cranberries or currants
1 orange, thinly sliced with the skin
1/2 cup blanched almond flakes
1. Simmer all ingredients together in a pot for 20 minutes.
2. Sieve and serve in mugs with a cinnamon stick and a slice of orange.
Enjoy our Summer Organic Iced Tea Pack special here