Coconut flour & chive blinis (GRAIN & DAIRY FREE)6th February 2019
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for cooking)*
- In a bowl whisk together until combined the eggs, coconut milk, olive oil, salt and chives.
- Add the baking soda and the coconut flour to the wet mixture, gently mix together but be very careful not to over beat. Beating the mixture to much will make the blinis flat instead of fluffy.
- If the mixture is lumpy, don’t worry too much, as the mixture will thicken and the lumps will smooth out.
- Heat a large pan over a medium to low heat with a splash of olive oil.
- Drop a teaspoon size amount of the coconut flour batter into the pan and repeat until you have 6 – 8 blini cooking in the pan.
- Once they are brown gently flip each blini and allow the other side to brown.
- Remove from pan and set aside, repeat until you have used up all the batter.
- Lay the blini out on a serving plate and top with your favourite savoury toppings.