Adaptogens – A solution for feeling Stressed out and Burnt out6th September 2017
- A class of herbal medicine used to support and increase an individuals ability cope with physical and mental stress while strengthening of the immune system.
- Employed in the treatment of individuals feeling tired and exhausted, run down, stressed out and burnt out or simply unwell.
- The different classes of Adaptogens:
- Immune Adaptogens: These plants also help enhance immunity. They include Astragalus, Cordyceps, Holy basil, Rieshi, Withania (Ashwagandha), Rhodiola and the Ginseng Species.
- Mental Adaptogens: These plants also help improve cognitive function. They include Bacopa (Brahmi), Rosemary, Ginkgo, Korean ginseng and Siberian ginseng.
- Nervine Adaptogens: These plants help to gently calm and relax a wired and stressed out individual. They include Withania (Ashwagandha), Oats and Cordyceps.
- Stimulating Adaptogens: These plants also increase energy and are specifically used in fatigue. They include Rhodiola, Holy Basil and the Ginseng Species.
- The quintessential Adrenal Adaptogen – Licorice root (found in the following Ovvio Organic Teas: Vanilla Lemon Heaven, Rise & Shine, Minty, Paddington, Marshmallow Soothe and C-Strentgh Citrus Teas. Traditionally used as a potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, to improve cognitive function and mood. It also happens to tastes sweet (the original licorice candy ingredient). Excellent for soothing sore throats and alleviating dry coughs. Deliciously satisfying when you crave something sweet.
Listen to my chat on Adaptogens with Ed Phillips on the Better Living Radio Show below…
URL location of website article
URL to audio player
Embed codes of Audio Player
<iframe src=”https://omny.fm/shows/better-living/what-are-adaptogens/embed?style=artwork” width=”100%” height=”180″ frameborder=”0″></iframe>